Monday, August 29, 2011

Trip Break & Thrift Find

If you can't tell by my irregular posting on the subject, but for some reason I just don't feel like posting about my trip.  I can not pinpoint an exact reason why, but I came to the conclusion this afternoon that I really shouldn't blog when it feels like a chore.  So when it strikes my fancy, I will be updating the blog on the rest of my travels from this summer.  Until then, I will be updating you on my bopping around in the Iowa City area, thrift store finds, and whatever domestic adventure I pursue. 

One thing of semi-excitement is a thrift store update!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am looking to replicate fashionable Polyvore pins from Pinterest by shopping only at thrift stores.  Though I didn't take these home with me, I thought they were quite the find:


These guys were available at Stuff, etc. in Coralville, IA for $8.99 and are Mossimo (Target) boots. 

Personally, I think they look like a good fit for these boots:
So they aren't replicas, by any means, but have the riding boot feel going on.  And, frankly, I feel it would quite cute to have the bit of height in a dress. But then again, this is coming from the girl that never wears heels because I like to complain a lot (out loud), and evidently that's annoying to others (remove the heels, remove my whining) and I'm tall, so I don't really need the boost.  But I am sure the boots pictured were near the price of my paycheck or something (riding boots are always cute, but always expensive...), and $8.99 is a steal!

And yes, I'm that person taking pictures of used shoes in the aisle of a thrift store on a Saturday afternoon. 

1 comment:

  1. NICE! Those are pretty cute:) I wish we had good thrift stores. I try soo hard :(

    ReplyDelete