Saturday, June 25, 2011

Packing Part 2

My friend (former coworker *sad face*) commented on my last post, "Aren't you going to bring any clothes?" (paraphrasing because I am too lazy to go back and read the actual comment). 

Although there are an abundance of nudist beaches in Europe, and we all know they are so much more liberal over there (with their more than 2 party governments and national healthcare -- even that one place where *gasp* prostitution is legal!), I will be bringing clothes.  Some churches are pretty strict on the no shoulders, no knees policy, which means my normal vacation wardrobe needed to be amended.  Without further ado...
So what's all in there?
  • 2 belts (for some reason I have this insane idea that if I accessorize they may not be able to identify me as a tourist...)
  • 2 bathing suits (hoping for some back-to-back days on the beach in Spain!)
  • 4 pairs of socks (one of which I will be wearing)
  • 1 pair of linen pants (that roll into capris)
  • 1 pair of nilon cargo-ish capris
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • 4 sundresses of varying lengths (none of which will probably be appropriate for Vatican City, being tall isn't always advantageous!)
  • 5 pairs of undies
  • 2 scarves (see commentary on belts above)
  • 3 tank tops
  • 4 colored tee-shirts
  • 1 pair of black leggings
  • 1 long sleeve button-up top (same as my "about me" photo)
  • 1 3/4 length sleeve linen top
  • 2 cardigans (one with buttons, one without)
  • 2 bras (one strapless)
Phew! That seems like way more clothing when I write it out.  It will probably end up being too much, but the idea of wearing the same rotation of tops in all my picture haunts me. 

What I forgot to include in the previous post and this one?
  • mascara
  • blush/bronzer (I have a combo)
  • a pen (duh! how am I supposed to keep a travel diary?)
  • 1 necklace
  • 1 pair of earrings
We're off tomorrow at 4:45 pm.  The house is packed and I'm laying on the floor with no desk or chairs!

Aidios!

No comments:

Post a Comment