Friday, May 27, 2011

Beginning

So why am I starting a blog? 
I'm actually a bit afraid that this, like most things in my life, will get swallowed by whatever is the newest, shiniest thing in my life.  I suppose that fear is the exact reason I am starting this blog.  I want to use this as a tool to document my move towards a slower and more thoughtful life.  I'm one of those people that has been running around like crazy since I can remember (well not literally running, I actually have a slight aversion to that besides a freak incident for a couple of months last year).  This past winter was pretty bad-- weather-wise.  Well, the lack of sunshine put me into a pretty complacent place that took a toll on my physical and mental health, my relationship with Alex, and my pursuit of hobbies.  With our upcoming trip to Europe and move to Iowa, I feel myself buzzing with excitement.  I think that big changes are opportunities for growth and learning and I want to bring anyone reading along.

What do I plan on blogging about? 
Well I have a few ideas floating around in my mind already, but primarily my blog will focus on making things at home and on the cheap, learning new and interesting things, how to take actions and make purchases that are more frugally minded and sustainable, and my adjustment to life in Iowa.  Of course I may veer off topic from time to time, or perhaps this blogging thing will evolve and change.  I do hope that blogging will challenge me to try new things and go outside of my comfort zone. 

But, I guess I figure why not? I may actually end up loving this...

No comments:

Post a Comment